Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Food Experience

For my food experience during the weekend I cooked and ate brownies with friends. I experianced the whole shebang, shopping for ingredients, cooking it and eating it, which was delicious as well as fun! Buying groceries at the store is always amusing for me, as long as I am with someone to talk to so that experience was nothing new, although I had never shopped before with my friend Austine. After that we went to her house to cook, on a side note she was cooking cake while I was making the brownies (mmm funfetti cake) so we had more than one treat that night! I'd have to say the hardest thing about cooking is the wait; you can smell the tantalizing chocolate, the delacate smell of the rizing sweetness but you cannot eat it yet! During that time I actually felt sick and had to lay down, ( I think it was the Code Blue Mountain Dew, too much food coloring is not good to ingest) but I felt better after a bit and watched her snake poke his head around his cage. (Don't worry chefs of the world, I wouldn't touch an animal while cooking!) I washed my hands before taking the brownies out of the oven, just to be safe and sanitary. Again, the cooling off waiting period stunk. But our guy friends that were over now crowded around smelling the baked goods, so we all talked till the brownies were cool enough that they wouldn't fall all the way apart before eating them. They were soft and mushy, and crisp on top with hard pieces of chocolate toping the concoction. If I hadn't put some away for later they would have been gone that night!
- Veronica Petrey

No comments:

Post a Comment