Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tools of the Trade--By Rabia Javed

At Williams-Sonoma, there were many unique tools that I never knew or seen before. However, there were some that I have seen before but never actually used. I have heard of and seen pancake makers but not really of waffle makers. So, the tool I chose was the All Clad Classic Round Waffle Maker. I know it is common and most people probably heard of it but I thought it was interesting. The appearance of the waffle maker is similar to a pancake maker, but the waffle maker had little squares on the bottom of the pan. The whole item itself was made of steel. I did not talk to a staff member about this product. I thought it was self-explanatory, but maybe if I did talk to a staff member, I would have probably learned something about waffle makers that I did not know about. Personally, I would rather just buy already made waffles from the store. There were other great tools at Williams-Sonoma, but most of the interesting ones were already taken, so that is why I just chose the waffle makers. For example: the knife sharper was quite interesting and one of the staff members did a small demonstration using the tool. (I tried to get a picture on here of the waffle maker, but it is not working)

No comments:

Post a Comment