Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tools of the Trade by Hannah Hatcher

When I was walking around Williams-Sonoma I came across something called the chef'n citrus juicer. It looked interesting so I read the label and took a picture of it. The juicer was a handy tool that you would use to squeeze lemons, limes, and oranges. Bobbie explained to me how the juicer worked as she had used it before. You cut the lemon in half and put it in with the face of the lemon facing downward. This is the opposite way that it looks like you are supposed to put the lemon in. The reason for doing this is that you can maximize the amount of juice made. You press the handle down and there is a strainer that prevents pulp and seeds from coming out when the juice is poured. The juice can be used for cocktails, margaritas, dressings, sauces for cooking, and baking. It has an attachment that can be used to larger fruits such as oranges and grapefruits. This would be perfect for making freshly squeezed orange juice. I thought that the price was reasonable at only $19.99 and that it was easy to store in the kitchen. An electronic juicer would take more space and it would be more expensive. I am going to tell my mom about this handy tool as I think she would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment