Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dump Draft- Sarah Naqvi

Me Jana

Anam, Rabia, and I went to a Lebanese Cuisine called, Me Jana. The moment we saw the look of the restaurant we knew it was going to be a fine dining experience. I was very excited when me and Rabia arrived and saw Anam patiently waiting for us at the table.

Everything was set up on the table very nicely. The waiter had asked Anam what kind of water we wanted and had already started taking care of her before we arrived. I noticed everything was very neat and clean. Our waiter frequently kept checking up on us and asked if we had any questions about the menu. On the menu, it said the meaning of “Me Jana” means welcoming or to welcome. I loved how they explained the background of the restaurant on the menu.

After a few minutes the waiter brought out some steamy bread and this little plate with olive oil, yogurt stuff, seasoning, and olives. I had never seen something like it before, but it wasn’t bad. We carefully read everything and tried to decide what we wanted to get. Everything looked so different and good. After calculating it, we decided to get the hummus, chicken sharwarma, cheese rolls, and kafta kabob.

All of the food arrived within a few minutes one after the other. I enjoyed tasting new flavors in my mouth and sharing food with my girls. The waiter continued to check up on us which was very nice of him. Lastly, we ordered a Chocolate Foundant for dessert. It was a little chocolate cake that had some sauce inside that tasted like mango and fudge. Let’s just say it was delicious! Anam, Rabia, and I had a very pleasant Lebanese experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment