Thursday, October 7, 2010

First impressions from restaurant experience by Kamilla.

Sofie and I went to Bistro Italiano for dinner, Wednesday, 7 October. Decision to go to this restaurant was really spontaneous, because first we decided to go to Florentina restaurant (somewhere near Dupont circle, but directions were bad, so we refused to consider this place), then to Café Milano (my friend suggested me this place, but it’s kind of very expensive café in Georgetown), but then I remembered my first choice, Sofie checked directions (this place is really simple to find), and we went to our dining trip.
When we finally arrived to Bistro Italiano, I was really surprised. I thought that this place will be large and very crowded, like MacDonald’s (because it is called bistro, not restaurant or café). But in reality this place is really small with only 11 tables and it looks like a private place to eat! Every table was occupied but we were lucky that one table became free when we entered the door of this restaurant.
I and Sofie were extremely hungry, because we missed our dinner in MU. And the smell of food there was so teasing!
We ordered appetizers (garlic bread with cheese and mozzarella sticks) and entrees (mine was spaghetti marinara with mushrooms and Sofie’s was baked ziti). Our waiter brought us water with ice in it. This was not good, just because I am still a little bit sick and this water was already with ice. We were waiting for our food for about 10 minutes and it was OK. Our appetizers were really good, especially garlic bread, maybe it’s just my favorite kind of bread. After when we almost finished appetizers, our waiter brought our entrees. Sofie had baked ziti, and I had spaghetti marinara with mushrooms. Waiter told me that it will be spicy, so I wasn’t surprised that it turned to be spicy. I love spicy food and it is good for throat when you are sick so I was happy. But even after appetizers I was full, so I could handle only with half of my portion. I always eat a little bit, so these portions really seemed extremely big!
After that we asked for dessert menu, but waiter told us what they have because there was no dessert menu. I ordered tiramisu and Sofie ordered cheesecake. I was surprised to see that tiramisu is a piece of cake, because in Italian restaurant in Russia it was like a creamy sponge cake with chocolate served in a margarita glass. But no matter what this tiramisu was also delicious and very soft.
We paid only 35 dollars for 2, including tip. I think it is not expensive at all for such lovely and delicious place! After that I received a message, my friend asked me how was our dining experience, and I even didn’t know how to describe that I fell in love with this place, seriously! I will recommend Bistro Italiano to everybody, because it really deserves attention, time to visit and money to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment