Sunday, December 5, 2010

Adios blog by Kamilla

I have learned a lot in this class. When I first saw my schedule I didn’t really care about my discovery class, because I had no idea about it. But now I understood that I was very lucky to be a part of “Food as Muse”. The most positive impact on me was of course writing. Writing a lot. My writing was not so good from the beginning of semester but now I feel that my writing skills became stronger, I know that I’m still not so great but I did improve my writing, no doubt. Also I learned a lot about food, cook books, famous people who were closely connected with food. I think it is very important to know it, because food is everything in our society.
Eating and writing are closely connected. To write about your experiences with food is essential, because we can pass our knowledge and experiments to others. All of us are interested in food, so of course it will be very useful and special to write about it in order for others to know it. That’s why blogs about food, restaurant reviews are so popular nowadays. When we were trying to find a restaurant to visit and write a review, we searched in Google everything concerning our food preference, about restaurants with great food according to other people’s opinions.
Personally I think that our class was really great and exciting. But I think that in this class we should have some tests and study guides for them in order to check our knowledge, not only writing. Because I love preparing for tests, I learn a lot through them. I don’t really like spontaneous testing when we have no study guides. But it’s just my personal opinion. But anyways this class was very useful and interesting, and I really happy that my adviser registered me for it without my knowledge, he was absolutely right.

No comments:

Post a Comment