Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Adios Blog-- K Holzman

Writing for this class has been quite an experience. Because the journals and blogs gave me a chance to exercise my natural writing (aside from academia) the feedback given was more practical. In other words, an english professor can criticize my use of- well- anything (because I'm probably doing it wrong anyway)- but, that type of help in writing is not going to make much of a difference for me. Given the fact that I write for a current career in THIS style the critiquing done to THIS style is what is most beneficial to me. Professor Whitman brought light to mistakes and blunders- stylistically- that I would not have been aware of otherwise. A connection I noticed between food and writing is in detail. Now, when I write a sentence- about anything- I think about the detail I am putting into it... so to speak- can the audience "taste" the flavor I am trying to portray in words. If this class were offered again, I would suggest... well keep Bobbie. She seems to know what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment