Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Adios Blog--by Rabia Javed

I learned a lot about food that did not know about before. The sites we used to post our work was confusing at times and hard to figure out what goes where. Posting our work on the blog site and wiki site did not really help me; it was easier when we would post our work on blackboard. However, all of the writing we had to do for this class definitely helped me improve my writing skills. I feel like my writing skills are better now than from the beginning of the semester. From the assignments done in class, I saw several different connections between cooking/eating and writing. Some people would write about their food experience in order to express their feelings towards it. For example: Julie making recipes from Julia Child’s cookbook and then blogging about it. If you were going to offer this DSC 101 class again, I would recommend subtracting some of the sites we use such as the blog site and wiki site. This year, we had to work with several different sites for homework and class work which would get confusing at times. So, I think those two sites should be taken out and you should just use blackboard for the assignments because it would be easier to follow along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment