Saturday, September 18, 2010

Julie & julia

Did I love this movie? Yes, absolutely. It was great!

Strangely enough I found myself in awe with Julia Child unlike the typical that would sympathize with Julie Powell. Don’t get me wrong, there were times in the movie where I felt so deeply connected to Julie that it was insane! Let’s start from the beginning.

Apart from the beginning that is trying to gives us a background on the whole thing (Julie hating her life and Julia in France). When the full story is given on Julia I immediately feel drawn to there because she’s tall and she travels a lot and it’s also implied that she was a lousy cook at first (all 3 that I identify with). Anyways, apart from the little things, I love how she really had no idea where her adventure of cooking classes was leading her to, and how she made it up as she went. That was pretty awesome but it made me wonder about the image Julie was building of her (Julia) in her head. It was pretty insane to make the connection of having an idol and only accepting the good things about them (Next time before I lovingly stare at a picture of Taylor Lautner I’ll be sure to remember that he has faults too).

Julie. I personally thought she was crazy to want to go through a whole cookbook, but I really admired her for doing that and her reasons too. I thought it was hilarious every time she had a mental breakdown and thought the world was coming to an end, but I cried when she fought with her husband (ah, the things food does to people…). As for me, I never would have had the patience, courage, or diligence to do that. I mean, never.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you did a great job identifying with Julia. However, sometimes I was a little confused as to who you were talking about. I like how you let your personality come through in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely see your enjoyment of the movie through this posting. You got really attached to the character and identified very well with her. For someone who didnt really enjoy the movie that well it was cool to see someone who enjoyed it as much as you. Makes me want to watch the movie again with an open mind.

    ReplyDelete