Saturday, September 18, 2010

Public Blog#3. Common Good City Farm Trip by Kamilla

I missed this great farm trip and I’m really unhappy about it, because it supposed to be the first field trip in my life!
But I read a lot about Common Good City Farm, saw pictures of you guys there and learn a lot from your stories about this trip.
In my opinion, this idea about such farms in cities is really great and new! I have never heard about it before, so it was a surprise for me that it is possible to have a farm in the city such as Washington DC and grow healthy food there and have a lot of different animals. Also I was shocked that this food is for those who cannot afford to eat healthy, for poor urban communities. It is really sad, but not everyone can buy healthy food, and of course it is such a chance to everyone in the world to be healthy and happy! Because eating all the time in McDonalds is not fun at all.
And I hope that this “industry” will be more popular in next few years, because it is such a great thing, seriously. Also I am absolutely for teaching people how to grow vegetables, fruits, this education can help young people to understand that food is a treasure, we should have more respect for it and treat it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment