Thursday, November 11, 2010

Food Experience-By Asia Phillips

Last night I was inspired by my book, Martha Stewart’s Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook, and I prepared chicken alfredo for my family and I. The book really focuses on how to clean, season and in essence prepare the finest meats. I decided to slice the chicken in sizes as close to one inch as I can. Then I seasoned using ingredients Martha Stewart used quite often, ground pepper and salt, lemon, garlic and rosemary. I made sure to wash my hands over and over again because those were my main only tools. I can infer from other recipes and pictures by Martha that she uses her hands very often also. It was much easier to season the chicken and allow the ingredients to be used evenly. I then buttered the frying pan and allowed the meat to tender and cook. I then put a pot on the stove to boil the fettucine noodles. When both were complete, I empty both the noodles (after draining) and chicken into a roasting pan. I poured the Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce (my cheat!) onto the pan and mixed around the ingredients. Then I sprinkled a small amount of mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the chicken and noodles and let all the ingredients bake in the over for 25 minutes. After my mom made garlic bread and broccoli. Dinner was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment