Thursday, November 11, 2010

Food Experience - Sofie Scarlett

While flipping through Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals, I decided the Green and White Lightning Chunky Chicken Chili was something I needed to try. I really love chicken chili, so I was really excited about it. I went to my boyfriend's house to make it, since I don't have a proper place to cook it here. We got all the ingredients beforehand and I was ready. I did substitute several. Instead of buying a raw chicken, I bought pieces that were already pre-cut and cooked. I didn't want to cut up a raw chicken! Also, I didn't add jalapenos because I honestly just don't like how spicy they are. Finally, once I started preparing my food, I realized I had forgotten to get garlic. I decided it would just have to be left out. I started to cook the chili which was a huge challenge because I was not used to my boyfriend's kitchen and I didn't know where anything was. Since the whole idea of the recipes are that they take 30 minutes to make, we were eating in no time! The chili was very good, but I can't help but think the garlic would have made a huge difference. Next time, I won't forget it at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment