Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Food Experience--by Rabia Javed

For my food experience, I made a dessert dish, Gajar-Ka-Halva, from the book I chose for my final project. While making the dessert dish, I had my mom help me with some parts of the process. Making this dish was a really long process; it took several hours to make the entire dish. My mom and I were exhausted from standing in the kitchen for several hours. Our arms were quite sore because this dessert requires to constantly be stirring the mixture in the pot until it is completed. First, we started off with gathering all of the ingredients and materials so we could easily get everything. Next, we began grating the carrots which took a while. From there, we just followed the steps in the book. Finally, after several hours, the dessert dish was completed. I couldn’t wait to try it since I did majority of the work. Usually when my mom and I cook food, she does most of the work, but this time, I took control. After an hour or so, my family and I tasted the Gajar-Ka-Halva. It turned out really delicious and it was not too sweet; it was perfect. My hard work and the help from my mom paid off because the end dish turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment