Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Food Experience-Hannah Hatcher

For my food experience, I ate a Greek salad in the cafeteria. This salad had fennel and oregano spiced chicken over mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and banana peppers. My book is Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon so the salad had relevance because it was healthy and nutritious. The cafeteria worker asked if I would like everything in the salad and I said yes. I loved eating the salad because it was colorful and looked appealing. The salad was delicious; the flavors of the items in the salad blended well together and created a wonderful dish. Feta cheese and olives gave the salad a unique and interesting taste. The chicken was seasoned well and it went well with the mixed greens. The salad represented Greek food which is another point of my book. Sally Fallon mentions that each culture has a healthy food. We can learn from people with traditions because they have healthy lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment