Thursday, November 11, 2010

Food experience by Kamilla.


On Wednesday I had 2 food experiences which were described in my 2nd book Skinny Bitch in the Kich. My first book Skinny Bitch contains different advises about healthy eating, but not recipes.
On the lunch I went with my friends from Marymount to Vapiano’s in Arlington. Vapiano’s is an Italian restaurant with really great food. I read a lot of positive reviews about this place so that’s why we decided to go there. I ordered pasta with vegetables exactly how it was described in the section “Italian bitch” (“Oh, Italian food, how we love thee. When everyone was forsaking you for “low carb” diets, we never turned our backs on you. And we never will Italian food. We never will.”) I was watching how Vapiano’s staff was cooking it, and it was pretty interesting, I understood the main process of making good pasta. First chef took olive oil, water and salt, boiled it than added pasta noodles (he asked me which type I would like and I picked unusual form called Tagliatelle(long flat thick noodles). At the same time he was frying vegetables and making a spicy sweet sauce. After that he mixed every ingredient. It looked so good and tasted delicious!
And on the dinner I and my friend went to Maté Lounge in Georgetown, DC. It is mostly like a sushi bar, very nice place with great interior design, music and dim lightning. In the book I read a section called “Grown-up appetizers” (“If we were having a dinner party and pretending to be classy, we’d make stuff like this”). And the last recipe was Spicy Sushi Rolls with Avocado and Cucumber. I don’t really love such plain sushi, and I ordered sushi called Rainbow and Mar del Plata. Rainbow Rolls contain tuna, whitefish, salmon, yellowtail, shrimp, eel, crab, cucumber and avocado. And Mar del Plata Rolls contain Lobster, cucumber, soy nori, chives and avocado. Everything tasted like paradise! Usually when we had like girls sleepover in Russia, we always tried to make sushi, so I have an idea how to make rolls, but anyway I love restaurant sushi more.

No comments:

Post a Comment