Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Some Simple Chocolate Pudding Pie

By Elyssa Giordano

For some roommate bonding, my roommate and I decided to make a cake for someone we know who is getting shoulder surgery next week. After a trip to CVS, we decided the easiest

and safest cake to make would be a Chocolate Pudding Pie. We picked up three ingredients, milk, chocolate pudding, and a graham c

racker crust. After we returned to our dorm, we collected a pot, measuring bow, and a mixing bowl. We ran into the issue of not having any sturdy mixing spoons on hand, so we borrowed one from the girl down the hall. Making Chocolate Pudding Pies often around Thanksgiving, I had seen my mom prepare them before, so I had some clue what I was doing. However, this was my first time baking one without her. We began by measuring out the amount of milk we needed and dumped it into the mixing bowl. We then added in the Jello brand Chocolate Pudding. We mixed the two together and poured the filling into the graham cracker crust. After this, we placed the pie into the refrigerator. After an hour, we checked the cake and it seemed to be finished. We unfortunately did not get to eat any since we made it for our friend. However I am almost positive we will be taking a trip back to CVS very soon. We were discussing how simple it was to make, and took about fifteen minutes or less to make not including the time to sit in the fridge. I would love to make some more pie for ourselves and maybe other friends for Christmas to spread some holiday cheer. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment