Thursday, November 11, 2010

Food Experience

Last night my boyfriend and I went down to Wilson Boulevard and decided to stop in at Matsusake for some sushi during the happy hour. Thankfully during happy hour the rolls are so cheap so you order numerous different types of sushi! Normally we get the same thing every time - spicy tuna rolls, spicy salmon rolls, and occasionally the traditional California roll. But this time I decided to be a little on the daring side. We ordered sushi that we'd never tried and didn't ask our waitress what it was ... It turned out to be an interesting dinner. Let's just say my boyfriend got a kick out of all my funny faces. We made a deal that if we were going to get all these exotic mysterious sushi rolls that I'd have to be the first one to try each one. So I did! I wasn't allowed to have any wasabi, ginger, or soy sauce. I was to eat it plain to get the full taste, no distractions. I think it made me realize how comfortable my taste buds get when I am loyal to certain rolls, and shocked they become when I try a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment