Sunday, September 19, 2010

Common Good City Farm

When our driver initially passed Common Good City Farm on our way to it, the little place was truly one to be easily overlooked. I think I speak for the lot of us when I say that it was definitely not what we had expected. It wasn't until we got inside did we realize that there was much more to it than what met the eye.

I was really impressed by the enthusiasm and excitement so vibrantly displayed by the manager and volunteers. If it weren't so painfully early on a Saturday morning, I'm sure our group would have proved to be far more lively! But as time went on we started to wake up. After splitting into two groups, I was manicuring tomato plants and uprooting little potatoes. It was actually kind of fun!

CGCF shows to be a functioning urban farm. The volunteers are very dedicated and driven and appear to be pretty passionate about what they do. I know their work is greatly appreciated - it's an admirable thing, what they're doing. I hope they can fulfill their wish and expand the farm - then who knows what will happen!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the farm wasn't quite what I had expected. I'm unsure of how successful it is going to be though because of the lack of volunteers and the land that they have. However, you are right, they are trying and it is admirable.

    ReplyDelete