Saturday, September 25, 2010

Whole Foods Market--by Anam Mian

One thing whole foods definitely did was erase the thought that I had kept in my head for years that organic and healthy went hand in hand. I was head over heels when the tour guide told us that Whole Foods wasn’t necessarily healthy, for a second I felt as if my whole world was crumbling down to my feet. However, I understand why it might not be, they sell meat and other dairy products and the tour guide had mentioned that they stuff their cooked meat with some kind of special butter, which rather helped define that they were not really a company who was in a complete good physical shape. The point is that they try very hard and do their best to make their customers satisfied and that is what really matters.

I was roaming around spotting brands that I recognized from other grocery stores and the only one that I came across was Stacy’s. I liked the diversity they had, for an example the Ethiopian coffee I thought that was quite rare for my gazes. In normal grocery stores, you not only try to look but also no one really lays it out for you in words where the product you picked up is actually coming from. I thought that was very generous of Whole Foods, to lay everything out for its customers in such a precise manner.

I would consider Whole Foods a special organization only because it has more to offer than just groceries. They have a restaurant type theme going on, and it is much more elegant and formal than a regular grocery store. After taking that in consideration, it is quite impossible for us to think about it in normal, casual terms. However, aside from everything else one thing I absolutely disliked was the intense smell from the meat and seafood department. I can understand that the smell lingering in that area just makes it look more real and much more organic but it also places the word disgusting next to elegant.

2 comments:

  1. Whole foods defiantly has more to offer than most other grocery stores but a lot of the stuff that they sell there is pretty expensive, so you can't really get a very good deal for the stuff you buy there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the whole project they were doing with other countries was amazing too. what a good way to reach out and help!I really hope other stores adapt this way of trying to help third world countries and helping the economy there.

    ReplyDelete