Wednesday, September 22, 2010

memo to Mrs. Obama-Guillermo

Dear Mrs. Obama,
                I am glad that you support being healthy as part of a good and joyful life. I believe that if a person lives a healthy life they live a long and happy one as well. On Saturday, September 11, 2010 my class and I visited the Common Good City Farm, and did some volunteer work. It was a hot but beautiful day; I wrapped raspberries around a stick and got the chance to enjoy natural raspberries with no pesticide or any harmful substance.  I think you should visit this farm, because it seems as though they need more help. When I was helping out, digging out potatoes they were either too small or dead, when I went to the tomatoes tree they were all dead, the only tree that was doing alright was the raspberries tree. I think that if you went and visited people would be more eager to volunteer since your presence was there. The people there that volunteer are the people that do not need the food, only 10 people that go there to harvest needs the food. I mean really 10, is a small amount of help, but since this farm is so small I could not believe that this farm could help out more than 10 people. So if you came the media would be present and people would be eager to help. The more people there are to help the more harvesting there will be and more people that need help could go to this farm. So I believe when you visit, people would actually donate money as well, making it possible for the farm to buy more seeds to harvest more crops to help out more people. Thank you Mrs.Obama for taking the time to read this later, have a good day and hope to hear good news!
                                                                                Sincerely,
                                                                                                Guillermo Aburto

No comments:

Post a Comment