Saturday, September 25, 2010

Whole Foods Experience

I enjoyed the trip to the Whole Foods Market and I learned a lot of interesting information about the food and the market itself. It was my first time going to a Whole Foods Market. I did not ask any questions; I just listened to the information given from one of the Whole Foods employee. He had a lot to say about every food group such as the seafood, meat, bakery, etc. All of the food in the market is in high quality standards and it was kept in their proper conditions. All the fruits and vegetables are freshly grown and picked up from the farms. Some of the food in the market looked the same as it would in any other food in another market but the difference is the quality and taste of the food. The Whole Foods Market employee gave an example of the difference between fruit juices. For example: in a regular grocery store, the color of the cranberry juice is bright red but in the Whole Foods Market, the color of the cranberry juice is dark reddish/brownish. The juice in a regular store had food coloring and other preservatives put in it and the one in the Whole Foods Market did not. Most of the food in the market was pretty expensive but it is worth buying the food because it is healthy for you. Not only is the food healthy for you, it is also better for the environment. I think Whole Foods is kind of both a “special organization” and a regular grocery store. It is a “special organization” because all of the food is organic and healthy. It can also be a regular grocery store because the set-up is basically the same as any other grocery store. By the end of the trip, I wanted to change my eating habits, but I think it will be difficult because I am very adjusted to the way I eat now.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the trip to whole foods a lot as well. It was really interesting and I would like to change my eating habits a little bit but not too much cuz my dad's had me eating really healthy for my whole life, so there's not really much that I would likely need to do although I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way that you gave us examples of the presentation offered by the employee. it was interesting that you would change your eating habits because of a store tour. Well crafted post.

    ReplyDelete