Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mindful Eating

My personal philosophy of food and cooking.

Before this class I had never labeled how I thought of cooking and eating as a "philosophy" but I suppose that term is a very appropriate one considering how I do love good food. In class the one I most related to was Julie Powell. She simply enjoyed cooking and having her food appreciated and thats what I enjoy about food. Although I would never go on such a drastic course, I thought her idea to complete the whole cookbook was a great one! She just loved to cook that is one of the most important ingrediants in every recipie. I agree with her, that meals need to be done right, and you need to put effort in them for them to count.
Others that have influenced my philosophy have been my parents, and family. My mom taught me to cook some of my favorite recipies, (broccoli casserol) and Dad taught me how to make the best pancakes ever. When my family gets together for Thanksgiving or Christmas half of the point of eating is to eat together, which influenced how I think people should eat. 'Cooking' does not count if it is fastfood, it is not something that you throw together with no thought, the same with eating quickly or by oneself. That is just eating, it's not sitting down and taking part in a meal.

veronica petrey

No comments:

Post a Comment