Friday, October 1, 2010

Recipe for Andrew

7 tablespoons of the negative feelings in this world

3 tablespoons of the good that still exists in the world

5 spoons of entertainment

¼ cup of China

¼ cup of Vietnam

½ cup of America

1 cup of the darkness that conceals what is ours

½ cup of the light that we can bring to others

1 volume of manga

1 ipod containing innocent violence, immortal madness, and countdown zero

1 book unread by the person making this

Mix and bake with care to avoid disastrous results.

Though I may not look it sometimes, I can be kind oftentimes. I was born in Springfield, Virginia until approximately the age of eight, where I moved temporarily to my grandparents’ house, followed by the complete relocation the year after to a spot in Vienna and another relocation to McLean a few years after. In my family, I have my parents, a younger sister, and a brother filling the position of being the youngest. In my middle school years, I went to a private catholic school, where I was picked on by the male students in my grade. This led to a huge distrust towards Christianity and all of its branches, seeing a racist albino dog bark how he’s better and an obnoxiously loud dog yelling in my ear for no reason. You may call me rather cold for looking down on people of my kind as that, but this is a truth I perceive that has given me a sadistic desire calmed only by my will.

Enough with the background check though. I’ve chosen to go to Marymount for two reasons: to accompany a friend, and to get a second opinion on my religion. I don’t know what I will be after college, but I know that something is here that I can use. Though I don’t know my main career, I have a glimpse of what I may do in my spare time, seeing that I draw, play an instrument, and find some enjoyment in writing some things more than others. This is pretty much all that makes me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment